Patna, June 20: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday welcomed the state Election Commission’s decision to put a
temporary stay on Nitish Kumar government’s ‘Bihar@2025’ campaign.
The BJP said the state EC decision has exposed the negative message that the Janata Dal (United) leader was trying to propagate.
BJP leader Nitin Navin said the people of Bihar had understood Nitish Kumar’s gimmick in 2014 and added that they would give him a befitting reply this time.
Navin said: “The manner in which he is talking about the vision document for 2025, I want to ask Nitish Kumar as to what did he do in the last five years after getting the mandate from the people. He should have highlighted his work. When he will not be there (in power) in 2025 then what is the need for such a vision document.”
He further said: “When the people of Bihar will vote (for us), we will prepare a vision document with the public opinion and then we will work for Bihar.”
In a major setback for Bihar Chief Minister, the state Election Commission had earlier put a temporary stay on the ‘Bihar@2025’ campaign after a complaint by the BJP.
Earlier this week, BJP leader Sushil Modi and Leader of Opposition Nand Kishore Yadav had met the officials of the Election Commission and submitted a memorandum alleging that the state government had violated the Model Code of Conduct by launching ‘Bihar@2025’ campaign in the wake of biennial elections to the legislative council.
(With Agency Inputs)