Nirbhaya’s parents detained for protesting against release of juvenile convict, later released

Nirbhaya's parents detained but released later

New Delhi, Dec 19: Nirbhaya’s parents were on Saturday detained by the police for protesting outside juvenile reform home against release of the juvenile convict. However, theyr were released minutes after being detained by the police.

Nirbhaya’s father reportdly said: “We want all the four convicts to be hanged. It seems the juvenile convict has got nobel prize so he is being freed. May be the convict is already free. We will keep protesting till we get justice.” Nirbhaya’s father told ANI here.

While Nirbhaya’s mother said: “I want to ask the government whether we will get justice or the crime will get justice.”

Nirbhaya’s parents along with activists, students were protesting outside juvenile reform home against release of the convict.

Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal expressed shock over detaining of Nirbhaya’s parents. He also said that he has asked the Police Commissioner to get them released.

“I am shocked to learn that Nirbhaya’s parents have been detained. They shud immediately be released,” tweeted Kejriwal.

“Police action against Nirbhaya’s parents is unacceptable. I have asked Chief Secy to talk to Police commissioner and get them released,” Kejriwal said in another tweet.

The convict was on Saturday moved to undisclosed location following protest outside juvenile reform home.

Earlier, Delhi High Court refused to stay the release of the juvenile convict in rape case. The juvenile convict is slated to be released on December 20, Sunday.

The Delhi High Court had reserved its order on the release of the juvenile convict in the Nirbhaya gangrape case after BJP leader Subramanian Swamy pleaded that the juvenile convict should not be released till it is demonstrably assured that he has reformed himself and was not a menace to the society.

In December 2012, the teenager was part of the six member gang that lured a 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist and her male friend onto a bus, where the girl was gruesomely raped and her companion brutally beaten. The girl subsequently succumbed to her injuries 13 days later in Singapore.

(With Agency Inputs)


Related posts


twenty − 5 =

Top }