Pakistan Firing: Home Minister Rajnath Singh say we will not let the nation down

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh

New Delhi, Oct 9: Even as the situation along the International Border and Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir continues to remain tense, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Thursday assured the nation that the government will not let it down.

The Home Minister said: “The PM is monitoring the India-Pakistan situation very closely. We are satisfied with the response of the Army and Border Security Force. We want to assure the nation we will not let it down.”

Rajnath Singh lso stressed: “The PM does not need to answer” criticism from political opponents that his hectic campaign schedule in Haryana and Maharashtra, which vote next month, appears to have been prioritized over dealing with the border crisis.

It mmay be noted that Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his first comments on Kashmir since the violence erupted this week said: “Everything will be fine soon.”

According ot reports, intermittent firing exchanges between the Border Security Force and Pakistan Rangers are still going on at some places on the border. The targeted firing from the Pakistani side in civilian areas close to the border since October 6 has so far killed seven civilians.

All the injured have been shifted to government medical college (GMC) hospital in Jammu city.

A senior police officer told a news agency that the Pakistan Rangers continued mortar shelling and automatic weapons firing in Akhnoor, Ramgarh, Arnia and Kanachak sectors along the international border during the night.

Meanwhile, the Pakistan Rangers have reportedly targeted 60 border outposts (BOPs) and over 80 villages in fresh mortar shelling and firing in Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts along International Border, leaving three people injured.

Due to continuous shelling in the civilisn areas, over 20,000 people from the border villages have abandoned their homes in Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday had reacted to continuing major ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the International Border and Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, saying “Everything will be fine soon.”

His remarks were made amid reports that the government has given a “free hand” to the security forces to retaliate to Pakistan’s provocations.

On Wednesday, Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag also said that India is giving efficient as well as appropriate response to the Pakistani troops.

General’s Suhag statement came as the Pakistani troops targeted 50 security outposts and three dozen hamlets with heavy mortar shelling and firing overnight along the entire 192-km international border in Jammu and Kashmir.

Earlier on Tuesday, Pakistan blamed India for the recent ceasefire violations and sought for the United Nations Military
Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its due role in monitoring ceasefire to secure peace and tranquility in the
region.

(Goindianews Bureau/With Agency Inputs)

Authors

Related posts

*

five × 3 =

Top }